Online Marketing Internship – Summer 2013
Location: Mclean, VA
Hours: 40 hours/week
Digital Marketing Intern
The Digital Marketing Intern is responsible for supporting digital marketing projects for RedEngine Digital clients, including paid search advertising campaigns, email campaigns, online advertising campaigns and other RedEngine client campaigns.
While specific projects will vary from week to week, the intern should generally expect to spend a portion of his or her time analyzing PPC and advertising data, inputting creative and URLs into ad interfaces, creating tracking URLs for campaigns, creating reports, writing ad copy, assisting on new campaign strategies, researching new advertising vendors and more.
In carrying out these duties, the intern will have the opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, experienced digital marketing professionals in the paid search, digital strategy, web analytics, online advertising and SEO sectors. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about digital marketing strategy, online and social media nonprofit campaigns and the operation of a marketing agency. Specific duties may include:
- College junior or senior – business, marketing, communications or advertising major or study a plus
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, with strong analytical and Excel skills
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday.
- Motivation, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- Experience with search and social advertising, web analytics and web development a plus
- Familiarity with WYSIWYG web content editing, database, desktop publishing, and/or graphic design applications a plus.
- Interest in and/or knowledge of nonprofit and humanitarian work.
- Fun and eager to work in a team environment
School credit is available for this position. Paid, full-time internships in the summer are also available.
RedEngine is an online fundraising and digital marketing agency with big brand clients in the not-for-profit, charity and association sectors. We specialize in using social media, search, email, advertising and integrated marketing to grow our client’s revenue and expand awareness of their issues.
RedEngine is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.