Sr. Analyst – Director, Web Analytics & Optimization
Washington, DC-based digital marketing & fundraising consulting agency is seeking a Sr. Analyst/Director, Web Analytics & Optimization to help leading organizations drive and optimize revenue and engagement through online and multi-channel campaigns.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ROI-focused, experienced online marketer with in-depth search engine marketing and web analytics experience to join a growing digital marketing agency. You’ll utilize your analytical skills and experience with digital marketing to help some of the top not-profit organizations increase online donation revenue and constituent growth, as well as sell products. You’ll have the unique satisfaction of “doing good” every day in your work for our clients — all of them top-echelon health, animal welfare, children’s services, youth development and poverty-fighting organizations.
You will direct the web analytics strategy and services and manage one or more Web analysts in addition to growing the department over time. The role will be responsible for managing the day-to-day analytical needs of client (SEM, SEO, email, advertising, social media) and multi-channel campaigns. In this role, he/she will design and direct web analytics strategy, evaluate marketing campaign performance for online and offline marketing campaigns, synthesize data, distill findings, develop insights and recommend actionable next steps. Additionally, this individual will help manage 3rd party analytics tools and vendor relationships.
You will be the subject matter expert and advocate best practices and around web analytics, campaign reporting, conversion optimization, program/site measurement and multivariate testing.
Experience working in web analytics and/or digital media analytics in an e-commerce environment is required.
- Direct implementation of Google or other Web Analytics configurations on a variety of online channels (e.g. Websites, email campaigns, landing pages, microsites, advertising, social media, etc.). Contribute to the implementation of other Web analytics applications.
- Design and perform online campaign and conversion analyses, interpret results and develop recommendations for clients and internal team members. Campaigns include search engine advertising, display advertising, email marketing, social media and integrated campaigns.
- Develop analytics tracking strategy and implementation documentation for clients, which may vary by goal and analytics providers. Oversee testing and validation.
- Establish QA processes, guide decisions on and implementations of analytics solutions for tracking e-commerce and e-fundraising SEM/PPC, email, online advertising and social media campaigns for clients.
- Direct creation of weekly and monthly client reports and dashboards combining data from multiple data sources.
- Collaborate with clients to develop clear business and measurement objectives and work collaboratively with internal creative, account and search advertising staff to optimize campaign results.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all online and web analytics data via the continual monitoring and assessment of site and program tags.
- Train and mentor web analysts, developers and SEM/SEO staff to provide the highest-quality services and best results to our clients.
- Contribute to new business development, including all aspects of the proposal process, as well as recommend new services for clients that will address their needs in emerging channels.
- Provide recommendations and develop new analytical or marketing services for clients.
- 5-10+ years of experience in advertising, marketing, analytics, or a related field with an understanding of how to leverage and develop strategies and recommendations (Agency experience preferred)
- 2-5 years in a measurement or analytical role (web analytics, program measurement, test design, finance, agency, consulting; ecommerce experience a plus.)
- Strong leadership, training and mentoring skills
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree preferably in social sciences, economics, mathematics, statistics, business or marketing
- Hands-on expertise with analytics implementations, including Google Analytics.
- Experience in program measurement (online and/or offline), test design and financial modeling a plus.
- Experience with digital marketing campaign optimization, including search marketing, email marketing and landing page optimization.
- Exceptionally strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Passion for the online marketing space with a solid understanding of interactive marketing channels (search, online media, website development, etc.) and direct marketing principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents and interact with clients.
- Ability to mentor and train employees and work collaboratively with other digital campaign team members.
- Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills, demonstrate empathy and commitment to the clients.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a demonstrated strength in planning, organizing and project management skills to meet deadlines.
Desired Personal Traits:
- Positive Attitude
- “Idea person” willing to provide new ideas for improving processes and results
- Excellent work ethic and attention to details
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to develop their potential
- Adaptability to address quickly evolving industry and opportunities
- Honesty & trustworthiness
- Proactive, self-starter
- Able to work collaboratively and positively in a team environment
- Commitment to a career with a growing company, not just a “job”
How to Apply