RedEngine Digital is looking for an experienced search engine optimization (SEO) specialist to help our clients improve their website visibility. You will need to have the ability to identify technical SEO obstacles as well as develop on- and off-page optimization elements for new and existing websites.
If you can explain the difference between 301 and 302 redirects, know when to use rel=nofollow, the canonical tag, robots.txt, have a favorite link-building secret, and can build client buy-in by explaining SEO to them in easy-to-understand terms, then we want to talk to you about coming to work for RED.
You’ll be responsible for managing SEO projects in a client-facing role and providing high-level content organization strategy. You’ll work closely with web developers to provide guidance on building search engine friendly websites, write copy that’s great for search engines as well as users, and help great cause-driven organizations raise more money for their work all while showing the ROI of SEO.
- Serve as project manager and act as main point of contact for SEO projects/campaigns
- Develop and communicate SEO strategy and project plans
- Analyze, identify, and communicate on-page and off-page opportunities for increasing search engine visibility
- Conduct keyword research, review code and designs, write SEO friendly copy, make usability recommendations, and execute link-building campaigns
- Write recommendations and produce regular client reports documenting progress
- Work closely with technical staff to communicate goals and ensure projects stay on track
- Provide clients with performance reports and improvement recommendations on a monthly/quarterly basis using various tools (e.g. Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, SEMrush, others)
- Discover content creation opportunities for increased traffic and conversions
- Evaluate client prospects’ websites in order to assist in business development and proposal writing
This position requires:
- Proven success in increasing websites’ organic rankings, traffic, and revenue
- Working knowledge of microformats
- Ability to create 301 redirects and XML sitemaps
- A conversion-focused mindset
- Advanced knowledge in keyword research
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Prior success in link building
- Strong data analysis capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to collaborate with PPC team members to improve total campaign results
- Knowledge of coding implications, user experience, and information architecture
- Experience with analytics/reporting tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience in click-through-rate optimization of ad copy or meta content
- Experience implementing local and mobile SEO tactics
- Ability to code in HTML and CSS a plus*
- Requires 3+ years of relevant experience working on websites and 2+ years on hands-on SEO experience
*Although this isn’t a pure technical (web development) position, the position does require a solid understanding of how websites work and the implications of certain coding approaches on SEO.
Working at RED
RedEngine is an online marketing agency with big brand clients in the not-for-profit, charity and association sectors. We specialize in using search, email, advertising and social media to grow our client’s revenue and expand awareness of their issues.
RedEngine offers a competitive salary based on experience, generous vacation, a bonus program and a great working environment in Arlington, VA, only minutes outside DC. We value and expect commitment, enthusiasm, creative thinking, hard work and dedication. You can expect respect and excellent career opportunities in a rapid growth industry.
You will receive:
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- 6 days paid sick leave
- 11 paid holidays
- Employee dental and health insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Short-term disability
- Summer Friday work hours
RedEngine is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.